Tuesday, November 10, 2009

OMGWTFUPDATE

Hallo!

I know, I know, I haven't updated in ages. My bad. But as I have pointed out to several people, there are only so many ways you can say "Today I vomited and slept"! However, things are better, so I will give you a breakdown.

Things are great on the babby front! On Thursday I will be 18 weeks along. My blood pressure was, at last check, stable at 130/80, and I had a surprise ultrasound last week. When I went to my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment on the 30th, he was unable to find the heartbeat (not surprising, considering the layers of fat that poor audio ultrasound had to try to wade through), so even though my ultrasound was originally scheduled for Friday the 13th, he was able to get me in on November 3rd. They called the day before and said, "Your appointment is at 12:30; please drink one litre of water two hours before arriving." This seemed like an okay plan to me. I mean, you need to have to have a full bladder for pelvic ultrasounds, right? What nobody warned me about is that IT IS FREAKIN' PAINFUL. I couldn't even stand up properly, it hurt so bad; I slowly limped into the hospital in a hunched over position. It eventually got to the point where I thought, "I am just going to pee myself here and now, in public, fully clothed, and I don't even care." The other part that would have been comforting to know while I was in all this agony was that it was totally worth every minute of it. My eyes filled right up as soon as I saw my little baby's heart beating on the monitor (139 beats mer pinute), and it's little arms moving. My next ultrasound is scheduled for the 23rd of this month, and I am going to ask the technician to look for gender then. Yay!

My vomiting has eased off SO MUCH. It's such a relief! I still need to take my pills in the evening, which is a bit of a bother considering they cost $60 for two weeks worth and we're a bit strapped for cash. However, it keeps the vomit away, for the most part, so that's great! My food choices are no longer limited, which helps, though I still need to keep away from very oily/greasy foods (which is probably good advice even if vomiting is not a risk). Smells still set me off something terrible, though...especially garlic. However, Addison's natural scent no longer puts me off enough that he has to sleep on the couch. He's very happy about this, because it's better for his neck that way (the moral of the story is "never break your neck"). While I am emotionally happy about this - frankly, it gets lonely not being able to be in close proximity to your husband AT ALL for months - it is still physically bothersome since I have such a hard time finding a comfortable position to sleep in. If I lie on my back, my upper right thigh falls asleep, but if I roll on my side, my hands fall asleep! I'll have to figure something out soon...

Addison and I have been busy otherwise, too! First we had a string of parties: Sarah's birthday party, Addison's birthday party, and a Halloween party. Oh, and I had to rush my rat Carina to the vet last week because she broke a bone in her foot and it was swollen. The vet also found a tumor on her, which is how one of our last ratzorz, Izzy, died :( But rats have a genetic pre-disposition to mammary tumors, so what with having four rats, it was sort of inevitable. She's still in good health for the time being, though, so we'll see how that plays out.

Despite us only being ten days into the month of November, Addison and I have been kept busy by National Novel Writing Month! I originally heard about it and signed up for it in '05, but I never did it. However, it is strongly connected to our writing group, Freddy Words, and since Addison wanted to do it as well, I figured what the heck! And I suppose this will be the last year for a while where I'll have the luxury of time to do it, what with babby pending. Anyway, you can check out my author profile here, and we have lots of fun events all throughout the month! This is double great for me because I have been cooped up at home for the last few months being sick and sleeping, and I miss getting out and seeing people. Anyway, it has been a good time so far, and I am already halfway to the 50,000 word goal.

That is all for now. I will try my best to update as we get more babby info, and I will for sure update after the next ultrasound. Take care, all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are going better and that we get to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name, people!